We look forward to having your out again at the Beaver Creek site for our new extended fall hours of Thursday to Sunday, 10:00 am to 5:00 pm., starting September 10th, 2020!
There is so much to see in the active autumn time for wildlife around and we have completed many new improvements including upgrades to the interpretive building, deck repairs, railing replacement, new windows for the office area, removal of exterior shutters, and siding replacement very soon! Trail improvements such as stair and railing repairs are also planned. Demolition is mostly completed around the building and the contractor is now mobilized on site. A restoration plan will be developed to address areas disturbed during construction.
The site reopen date is set for September 10th, 2020 with offerings to support additional health and safety precautions, our hope is that all the efforts undertaken have and will continue to flatten the curve of COVID-19.
Meewasin is bringing back a herd of sheep to Beaver Creek Conservation Area once again to practice targeted conservation grazing, at these beautiful, scenic areas of native grasslands!
Come out to Beaver Creek Conservation Area on September 10 to 13 and/or September 17 to 20, 2020 to view firsthand how sheep are managed by the shepherd and his stock dog to help with Meewasin’s conservation efforts!
Demonstrations will be occurring each of the days listed above at 10:30 am and 2:30 pm. and will be limited to 30 people in close proximity. Register now to secure your spot (must also arrive 15 minutes early).
Below is some important information to keep in mind:
• Extended fall hours are Thursday-Sunday 10 am to 5 pm.; with recommended 1-2 hour visits, so that everyone gets a chance to explore.
• The Interpretive Centre is only open for washroom use, otherwise Interpretive Centre is closed.
• We are anticipating a large number of visitors and capacity will be restricted for safety .
• Sheep demos will be limited to 30 people in close proximity, with more scheduled at the end of September at the Northeast Swale
• Call ahead to check availability/business of the site
Grazing demonstrations are also scheduled for 1:00 pm and 4:00 pm on September 28th, 30th, and October 3rd at the Northeast Swale! Register now to secure your spot (must also arrive 15 minutes early).