The 2014-2024 Strategic Plan is a document that will guide Meewasin to 2024.
During the engagement sessions, we heard from residents that the Meewasin Valley is a unique and world-class feature that must be protected and supported. This report looks at how to achieve that; it identifies key directions necessary to achieve the vision and respond to growth.
Key projects outlined in the plan include:
– Ensuring significant natural areas are conserved as the city grows;
– Refreshing trail infrastructure to respond to high level of users and aging assets;
– Renewing conservation and interpretation concepts focused on hands-on experiences and participation to enable stewardship;
– Programming in the valley in all seasons to ensure the valley is a hub of activity year-round; and
– Extending the trail and including new sections to meet the growth of the city.
Read the report online, A World-Class Corridor, Naturally Beautiful, Uniquely Ours. A vision for the Meewasin Valley 2014 -2024 and begin to think now your thoughts on Meewasin and it’s future direction.