1. Meewasin approved the Meewasin Valley-wide Resource Management Plan which will guide Meewasin’s conservation efforts over the next decade by identifying threats to the ecological integrity of the Meewasin Valley along with strategies and actions to address those threats.
2. Meewasin welcomed Eric Olauson as a Government of Saskatchewan representative to the Board.
3. Meewasin appointed:
- Bev Dubois as the City of Saskatoon’s representative to the Meewasin Governance Committee and the Meewasin Naming Committee.
- Evan Howlett as the Chairperson for the Meewasin Fund Development Cabinet.
4. The Meewasin Cameco Family Day Skating Party originally scheduled for February 20 and postponed due to warm weather, will be this Sunday, March 5, 2017; 12:00 – 4 p.m. at the Cameco Meewasin Skating Rink @PotashCorp Plaza. Throughout Sunday afternoon, the event will feature: lively music, an opportunity to skate with the Saskatoon Blades, Livery Stables’ sleigh rides, face painting, give-aways, balloon animal making, and refreshments provided by Tim Hortons. Thanks to Saskatoon Search and Rescue, Night Owl, Fire & Ice, Cameco, the Saskatoon Blades, Tim Hortons and Meewasin for providing the annual event. Note: There is no charge to attend the skating party or to use the ice skates provided by Meewasin.