Due to the warm weather, there has been a demand for public visitation to Meewasin’s Beaver Creek Conservation Area beyond regular posted hours. Visitors seeking access to the site have been parking at the closed gate just off Highway #219 leaving vehicles on the access road and out onto the highway shoulder causing safety concerns.
Unless otherwise announced for special programs, Meewasin’s Beaver Creek Conservation Area’s operational hours are:
- September to October: Weekdays 9 – 5 pm; Weekends and holidays 12 to 5 pm.
- January to April: Weekdays 9 to 5 pm; Weekends and holidays 12 to 5 pm.
- May to August: Open daily 9 am to 5 pm.
- November to December: Weekdays 9 to 5 pm; Closed Weekends.
- Open December 26 to January 2, 2017; 12 to 5 pm.
For visitors wanting an outdoor experience beyond Meewasin’s Beaver Creek Conservations Area operational hours, Meewasin suggests a similar experience can be found at Cranberry Flats Conservation Area. Cranberry Flats Conservation Area is open daily, the parking lot accessible sunrise to sunset. Cranberry Flats is also along the river, located off of Highway #219 south of Saskatoon. For more information call Meewasin 306 665 6887 or visit the Meewasin’ website at meewasin.com.