Tree Planting with Meewasin
Public Tree Planting Event!
Main organizer: Meewasin Valley Authority
Group Size: 20 planters
@ Silverwoods Off Leash Dog Park Area North Entrance | Take a look at the map
Meet Sam, our volunteer co-ordinator in the parking area entrance of Silverwood Off Leash Dog Area.
To ensure you have a great experience at this event, there are a few things we’d like you to know:
- Meewasin has COVID-19 safety guidelines in effect. All volunteers must complete this pre-screening form/waiver prior to your arrival on site: https://forms.gle/fF3Q4y9deEtexP6q6
- Our start time to plant is at 10:00AM please be on time!
- Upon arrival, check-in with Sam (our volunteer coordinator)
- This is an outdoor experience - Please dress for the weather and come prepared to be outdoors rain, or shine! Things like a hat, sunscreen, a raincoat, a sweater and proper footwear will make your experience more enjoyable. We've got the work gloves, goggles and all the rest of the equipment we'll need for the day 👍 NOTE: If you have your own shovel, gloves or other equipment, we encourage you to bring it along!
- Bring a full reusable water bottle to carry with you, hydration is key!
About this event:
Meewasin will be planting 300 trees in Silverwoods Park along the Meewasin Trail with the assistance of our head horticulturist Kathy. Planting native tree species is important for our riverbank, and indeed the valley. Join us from 10AM-12PM for a chance to plant a series of legacy trees in this important area.
Email / Call / Text Sam: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or Sam's cell 647-746-986
link to register