Taking place on August 31st, 2019, Meewasin is providing the public with free chalk to fill a connected 6km x 2m section of the Meewasin Trail!
The whole mural must reflect a 'Meewasin Valley' theme. Some ideas of what to draw area: Animals, plants, insects, flowers, trees, river, community, people, birds, trails, recreation (canoes, running, biking, skiing) nature, flowers, etc.
As a chalker, you'll need to register for either the 10am or 1pm start time associated with the area that you're interested in covering so that we ensure we have enough at each area!
Please read through the Guineess World Record Guidelines of the event and let us know if you have any questions or concerns. All participants, and witnesses should read though the document.
On the day of the event, we'll have tables set up at 6 locations that you'll need to visit to receive your wristband, chalk and some brief instructions. Bring chalk if you have some!
6 Locations will serve as the registration and starting points of each section. (We've had to adjust some of the locations to better accommodate construction projects and traffic. Please review the areas carefully.)
These Locations are:
- Top of the Circle Drive North Bridge (East side of the river/Stew Uzelman Pedway)
- Under the University Bridge (East side of the river)
- Top of the CPR (Train) Bridge (University Side)
- Behind the Nutrien Wonderhub (West side of the river)
- Bottom of the CPR (Train) Bride (West side of the river)
- Behind the Diefenbaker Canada Centre (East/University side of the river)
We're also looking for volunteers to coordinate and organize the 'chalk artists' at each station. Click here to register as a volunteer!
Thank you to our amazing sponsors!
Bring family, friends and be part of history!