The 2014-2024 Strategic Plan is a document that was to guide Meewasin until 2024. However, due to changes in Meewasin funding support and leadership, the new CEO appointed will be given the mandate to begin a new visioning process.
In Creating a new plan, Meewasin will encourage significant public and stakeholder input through open houses, online surveys and multiple workshop presentations. The plan will be a synthesis of what Meewasin heard from stakeholders.
We heard from residents that the Meewasin Valley is a unique and world-class feature that must be protected and supported. This report looks at how to achieve that; it identifies key directions necessary to achieve the vision and respond to growth.
Key projects outlined in the plan include:
- Ensuring significant natural areas are conserved as the city grows;
- Refreshing trail infrastructure to respond to high level of users and aging assets;
- Renewing conservation and interpretation concepts focused on hands-on experiences and participation to enable stewardship;
- Programming in the valley in all seasons to ensure the valley is a hub of activity year-round; and
- Extending the trail and including new sections to meet the growth of the city.
Read the report online, A World-Class Corridor, Naturally Beautiful, Uniquely Ours. A vision for the Meewasin Valley 2014 -2024 and begin to think now your thoughts on Meewasin and it's future direction.