The 2014-2024 Strategic Plan was a document that was to guide Meewasin until 2024; however 2017 changes in Meewasin's financial support provided by the three managing partners (the City of Saskatoon, the Government of Saskatchewan and the University of Saskatchewan) and 2017 changes in Meewasin leadership, Meewasin is planning to have a new Chief Executive Officer appointed by the end of March 2018 who will be given the mandate to lead Meewasin re-visioning the Plan.
In Creating a new plan, Meewasin will encourage significant public and stakeholder input through open houses, online surveys and multiple workshop presentations. The plan will be a synthesis of what Meewasin heard from stakeholders.
We heard from residents that the Meewasin Valley is a unique and world-class feature that must be protected and supported. This report looks at how to achieve that; it identifies key directions necessary to achieve the vision and respond to growth.
Key projects outlined in the plan include:
- Ensuring significant natural areas are conserved as the city grows;
- Refreshing trail infrastructure to respond to high level of users and aging assets;
- Renewing conservation and interpretation concepts focused on hands-on experiences and participation to enable stewardship;
- Programming in the valley in all seasons to ensure the valley is a hub of activity year-round; and
- Extending the trail and including new sections to meet the growth of the city.
Read the report online, A World-Class Corridor, Naturally Beautiful, Uniquely Ours. A vision for the Meewasin Valley 2014 -2024 and begin to think now your thoughts on Meewasin and it's future direction.